On-Line Documents to Peruse
For more information about NCSTRL
- Who and what is
- How do I participate in NCSTRL?.
- I'd like to know more about the handle
service, which is used for document naming in NCSTRL.
Installing and maintaining an NCSTRL-standard site
NCSTRL-standard sites run a Dienst server, which manages their
document collection, allows searches on it, and provides a user
interface gateway to the entire NCSTRL collection.
- How do I download and install the
- Once I am up and running, how do I keep my document database and
- How do I find out and install new releases?
- When you register your site with NCSTRL, you will be added to the NCSTRL
mailing list. New release announcements will be sent to this list.
- Check out the release notes for a history and status of current
- Check out the releases directory for detailed diff's between releases.
- Read the tips for upgrading to a new release.
Installing and maintaining an NCSTRL-lite site
NCSTRL-lite sites maintain an FTP archive of their documents and
bibliograhic files. A Dienst central indexing server collects the
bibliographic files and allows searching over them.
More technical information.
Related Sources of CS Material on the Internet.
This work was supported in part by the Advanced Research Projects
Agency under Grant No. MDA972-92-J-1029 with the Corporation for
National Research Initiatives (CNRI), by the National Science Foundation under Grant No.
NSF-CDA-9308259, and by Xerox Corporation. Its content does not
necessarily reflect the position or the policy of the Government or
CNRI, and no official endorsement should be inferred.
Return to NCSTRL home page
Any comments or questions?
Contact us at email@example.com.