Inspects the Dienst file system, either counting files and sizes, or
checking document formats for consistency, or both.
- reports on the size of the database.
- checks files for validity. This can be slow. At least one
of -size or -verify must be given.
- (Optional) causes -size to also print size reports for each document
in addition to the totals. It is also useful as an indicator of progress, since scanning a large database may take hours.
- -out file
- (Optional). the output file for the report. Default is STDOUT
- -format format
- (Optional) Check this format. This argument may be repeated to specify several formats to be checked. If it is omitted, all formats are checked.
- -docid docid
- (Optional) Check only this docid. If omitted, all documents are checked,
(unless -year or -publisher further limits the search.)
- -year year
- (Optional) Check only documents from this year. You can only use this option
if your collection is organized by year. (See your
- -publisher publisher
- (Optional) Check only documents from this publisher.
dbcheck -docid CORNELLCS:TR94-1418 -verify -format postscript
verifies that the postscript file for TR94-1418 is correct.
dbcheck -docid CORNELLCS:TR94-1418 -size
Shows the size of every format used in this document.
dbcheck -year 1995 -each -verify -size
Checks everything from 1995.
Up to Main Information Menu
Any comments or questions?
Contact us at email@example.com.